Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rudy Giuliani Talks At Us

So Giuliani's been in the YouTube YouChoose Spotlight for about a day now. I watched the video and thought he was crazy. Then I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and considered that I might be crazy. So I waited for some views, comments, replies and ratings to come in before discussing my opinion of the video. It turns out, based on the poor feedback and one star rating, that maybe I'm not crazy. To date, Rudy Giuliani is the only candidate to talk at us in the Spotlight. There is nothing inviting, engaging, thought-provoking or discourse-promoting about his video. He doesn't introduce himself or address the YouTube constituency. He doesn't ask questions. He doesn't invite video responses. Rather, he discusses his definition of leadership (a definition that essentially leaves the public, meaning you, out of leadership) and invites you to check out his 12 Commitments website which is first and foremost a fund raising landing page. There's a button that let's you send in your ideas, but there's nothing aggregating people's comments. Giuliani seriously needs to fire his web campaign people because frankly, I expected more from him.

No comments: